Any coordinator wishing to form a team with a roster size greater the max roster size appropriate to the age level must first have that increase approved by the board. Any such waiver will only be applicable for that particular season (spring / fall).
A lack of coaches or the need to have an even number of teams to balance a schedule for instance may justify an exception
3.0 Age Groupings
Players shall be grouped as follows:
- U6: Players who do not turn 6 before September 1st of the current year.
- U8: Players who do not turn 8 before August 1st of the current year.
- U10: Players who do not turn 10 before August 1st of the current year.
- U10 Travel Team: Determined under the bylaws of the NVYSA. Generally those players who have not reached their tenth birthday by August 1st of the current year.
- U12: Players who do not turn 12 before August 1st of the current year.
- U12 Travel Team: Determined under the bylaws of the NVYSA. Generally those players who have not reached their twelfth birthday by August 1st of the current year.
- U14 Travel Team: Determined under the bylaws of the NVYSA. Generally those players who have not reached their fourteenth birthday by August 1st of the current year.
- U16 Travel Team: Determined under the bylaws of the NVYSA. Generally those players who have not reached their sixteenth birthday by August 1st of the current year.
3.1 Travel Team Selections
The Travel teams will be made up from the players in the tryout pool.
The Fall Travel team members will make up the Spring Travel teams. Any two same age group teams can be combined into one team for the spring based on:
- tryout rankings of the two team
- open tryouts, if needed.
Travel Team coach to be selected by the Travel Team Coordinator and the current Travel Team coaches based on the following criteria:
- knowledge of rules of the game - Coaching/Referee license.
- playing experience - participation in the league - recommendations of other coaches, coordinators and board members.
- personal qualities - integrity, leadership, understanding, sensitivity, organization, ability to communicate, fairness, and etc.
All uniforms are league property and should be turned in at the end of the season. Players not turning in at the end of the season will be charged the replacement cost.
Players shall wear uniforms selected by the Board of Directors. No jewelry (this also means studs) is permitted and wrist bands must be removed or taped.
The uniforms are to be returned to coach of each team at the completion of the last game of the season.
Each player must wear shin guards, or will not be allowed to play or practice.
If a player or a coach is involved in a fracas, they will not be allowed to play/coach in the next game played by his/her team. In addition, the Board of Directors will hold a special meeting/hearing to decide is any further action is appropriate.
6.0 Unbecoming Conduct
Player, coach or referee behavior that is judged unbecoming or inappropriate shall be referred to the Board of Directors for review and action.
Players are expected to participate in practices and games. Parents are expected to participate by insuring that their children are on time and picked up for both practices and games and that they have their equipment with them. If a player cannot be present for a scheduled game or practice, the coach should be notified in advance. Parents should support the coach, help maintain discipline, and promote good sportsmanship. If problems should arise that cannot be mutually resolved, they shall be brought to and resolved by the Board.
8.0 Expectation of Coaches
- Promote good sportsmanship.
- Do not tolerate unsportsmanlike behavior by other coaches, players or spectators.
- Promote good soccer through the development of ball handling and game skills.
- Maintain roster, attendance records and player ratings.
- Provide a list of potential candidates for voting and non-voting members of the Board of Directors.
- Be present for practices and games and schedule at least one practice per week for those players in U 10, U 12 and the Travel Teams.
- Develop potential coaching talent of others.
- Ensure that all players in U6, U8, U 10 and U 12 play at least one half of each game. Exceptions shall only be for injuries, sickness or discipline
- A player shall only play for one team.
- Provide a completed Accident Report for all injuries to players that occur during practice sessions and scheduled games. These forms are to be filed with the Division Coordinator within one week of the reported injury. Injuries to include but not limited to:
- loss or damage to a tooth or teeth
- lacerations including those not requiring stitches
- broken bones
- Contact parent of injured player to follow up on the status of the player.
The minimum equipment for each team is:
- 1 soccer bag with 8 soccer balls;
- 1 team box with 6 Frisbee type cones, I First Aid kit, 3 icepacks and latex gloves.
10 Modification to these Bylaws
The Bylaws and Exceptions to the Rules of Play, or any section thereof, may be amended by a simple majority vote of the Board members present at a Board meeting. In addition, changes may be proposed by the membership at the Annual Meeting, and approved by a simple majority of the voting members present.
11.0 Adoption of these Bylaws